Monday, January 19, 2009

What's Happening...

Its rather late at night and darby is still up kicking around, so I thought I'd give a quick update before we head to bed. Life has been busy and is just getting busier... I'm pretty sure we don't have a free weekend again until March!

Just this last week, Jason and I were able to attend the annual Truth and Life Conference at our Alma Mater. My wonderful mother was gracious enough to come up for the few days and be on Darby duty as Jason and/or I attended the sessions. This conference is always such a wonderful time of renewal and a chance to learn something new. The theme this year was suffering... with sessions touching on why God allows suffering in this world, what's the purpose, what should we do with it as believers, and how to understand it on a global scale. I eagerly anticipated this conference, specifically for its topic, and it truly lived up to its expectations. I think it deserves a whole post of its own, so I will gather up my thoughts from the last week and regurgitate them sometime soon ;0)

We got to spend some time with our friends, Dave and Keara. We love them! Its always fun seeing them and talking... they're half way done with their first pregnancy and its so neat to share in that part of their life... don't tell them this, but we are definitely praying that they stick around California for another couple years... but I'm the first one to promote moving closer to home once the family starts expanding! I'm so torn! But they'll make the right decisions for the future, I'm sure of it.

Tonight we were able to attend the GAP party... just a get together for our college/graduate/young professionals/etc group as the new school semester starts. Thats always a ton of fun... and darby always steals the show by being ridiculously adorable. He's kind of like our little mascot.

Its back to work tomorrow... at least for Jason. I have a feeling darb man and I will sleep in... we're pooped.

Speaking of poop... there is a diaper that needs to be 'freshened up' and a bed calling my name. I'm sorry this was pretty short and pretty unexciting... just wanted you to all know we are alive and well.

Lots of Love to you all... whoever reads this... dana

1 comment:

  1. *SNIFF, SNIFF* You mentioned us in your post. :) It made me smile. I had a GREAT time talking with you last night. As always, those times seem too short. I'm thankful for our friendship... - Keara

    ReplyDelete