Monday, February 9, 2009

Neighbors

Its hard to have patience... especially when its 12:30 am and your neighbors are playing loud music. I'm about to go down there and talk to them... I hate to do it. I have never complained to anyone about something they are doing... like never ever (okay, I'm sure I've done it once, but can't think of a time, and Jason doesn't count). I'm one of those people who are completely mortified to think about complaining out loud to strangers... but this is just ridiculous. Jason is trying to sleep and so is darby. Not to mention, I know that these people have small children, don't they need to sleep!? blah.

With that complaint out of the way, I guess I should find some practical life lesson in this 'too small in the scope of eternity' trial ;0) Maybe I should pray for them... My oh-so-favorite sunday school teacher, Dave, taught us a couple weeks ago that we should pray for our enemies. That in thinking of that one person (or numerous people) that absolutely drive us bonkers or drive us to the edge of our sanity... we should humbly lift them up before the Lord in prayer. These people, our neighbors, drive us bonkers... and on occasion (while pregnant actually, and I scapegoat to pregnancy hormones) I have had a temper tantrum about the and just stomped up and down on the ground as hard as I could, hoping they would get the message to turn their blasted bass down so my whole apartment wouldn't be shaking! That was wrong, I know. But instead of giving in to my anger and having a dramatic outburst, which leaves jason's eyes rather large because he can't believe I just had an angry outburst, I should stop and just ask God to take control of the situation.

Who knows... maybe these people work during the day and live life at night and that can be hard to do and stay quiet. Maybe they only get to see their child in the evenings? I don't know, but thats the point... I DON'T know! I shouldn't assume the worst, even though I desperately want to. I should pray for them, I need to pray for them. Even if they don't change, I'm pretty sure God will still change me and my heart. So, thats good.

1 comment:

  1. it's scary how similar we are. Pray for them and invest in noise cancelling headphones. :)

    ReplyDelete