Today was one of those 'no good' days. Darb was a handful all day... I'm pretty sure he just cried and cried, ate, then cried and cried. I know he's been gassy lately and his naps haven't been very good, but i just haven't been able to figure out whats wrong with him. Tonight, after jason got home, it occurred to him that he might be constipated. I'm not sure why I hadn't thought about that, but i suppose that's why God blessed this family with two parents... together they can make one brain!
We learned when darb was new, that if you put something in his butt, it makes him poop. Jenn taught me that. So Jason got a q-tip, loobed it, and put it in his butt a bit. Then we decided to take his temperature rectally as well... just to make sure he didn't have a fever. While taking the temp (which takes forever!!!) darb started farting on the thermometer and Jason... i was cracking up as Jason kept making faces at the awful smell.
His temp was fine and we buckled darb into the changing table, because he's just so happy to sit there. We sat next to him at the computer and waited for the poop to come. Meanwhile, darby's favorite toy, the singing/lighting up sun from his play mat was acting like its possessed. The songs were getting funky and it wouldn't turn off... that in itself was making me laugh.
Then it came... and came and came... the poop wouldn't stop. Jason and I were laughing so hard as it was the loudest and wettest poop ever. Jason immediately got his pj's off so it wouldn't leak out and we'd have to find another pair. We waited a bit longer to change him, because he probably wasn't done yet... and we were right. The poop just kept coming and coming.
I can imagine darby was relieved, and so were we. I hope he is feeling better and maybe will have a better day tomorrow! This laughter filled evening was just what I needed :0)
Thursday, March 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Glad to hear the little guy's feeling better. Constipation isn't fun for anyone. And good job on getting Jason to do all the prodding.
ReplyDeleteYes, God designed families to have two parents; this is another reason why! You two make great teamwork!
ReplyDelete