You might want to assume that since I'm not supposed to be going out in busy crowds with Darbs, that I'm bored and lounging at home. It would be a good idea and I'd like to dream about it, but its been quite different. (okay well, yes, I do try to lounge at every occasion possible :0) )
The whole family has been busy. Jason's been working and studying for an upcoming Microsoft test. Darb and I have gone to the doctor twice a week for a while. He's been doing well since we came home from the hospital earlier this month. Each visit to the doctor we check his blood pressure, sugars, and head circumference. So far the only problem has been his blood pressure. He is on a blood pressure medication because its just been too high. Then it seemed like every other appointment it was still too high and we needed to up the dose. This week it was still too high, but its a side effect of the steroid he's on, and we're holding off upping the dose in hopes that since the steroid is being decreased, his blood pressure will decrease too.
Darby has been eating like a mad man recently :0) he'll eat a 5 oz bottle and turn around to eat another one an hour later. Needless to say, he's getting big. Yesterday he weighed in at 19lbs 3oz! That means we need a new car seat too! The max weight limit is 22 lbs for his first car seat, so we're going to have to move up soon! I can't believe it! Its going to be a struggle with having a smaller baby who can't even sit up on his own and using a big boy car seat that requires him to taken in a out of it and having the seat left in the car. I might need a new sling to carry him in... one that can carry a 20lb baby! But oh well, whatever is safer for him!
Tomorrow we are going to be going to UCLA for an overnight trip. Darby needs an 24 hr EEG done before he is fully taken off the steroid medicine. He has been visibly free of seizures for over two weeks now, and we want to make sure that its the same in his mind. We are praying for good results, a good trip, and that he will stay healthy while being in the hospital.
Jason, on the other hand, also has a busy day tomorrow!!! He is taking his very first Microsoft Certification Test. Its his first in a series of three to get one bigger certification. He's going to do really well, I'm certain of it! He's studied hard and I'm proud of him.
Well I better be going to do more productive things :0) But I hope you're feeling updated and all warm and fuzzy inside.


No comments:
Post a Comment