Monday, June 29, 2009

Nightmare

In the midst of my hectic day, I decided to take a break and tell you all a nice little story.

One of my worst nightmares came true this month... yes. It was shocking.

Jason and I were going to the Resolved conference. I, being the queen at packing, packed both of our bags (and darbs'). I'm usually very meticulous about them and only leave out a couple items at the end to ask Jason about before we leave. Jason came home, bags were packed, but he did a sweep of the house to make sure there wasn't anything else he wanted to take. I walked into the bathroom and saw him brushing his teeth... "oh I'm sorry! I totally forgot to pack your toothbrush! Make sure you grab it and put it in the bag, I already packed mine," I hollered as I went back to collecting our items. Trips are the best time to change toothbrushes, so I left my old toothbrush in the holder and had packed a new clean one.

I started taking the bags to the car. On my second trip, Jason caught me and handed me a toothbrush for that bag I was holding. The toothbrush was wrapped all perfectly like I like it... in a clean paper towel, thick enough that dirt or germs can't get to it, and it can't touch the other things in the bag and be contaminated. I was so impressed that he took the extra strides to wrap my toothbrush. Isn't he sweet? The handle was also blue...

"Honey, I already told you, I don't need my toothbrush, I packed a new one for myself," I stated nicely.
"This isn't your toothbrush, its mine." said jason with an odd look on his face.
"No. Thats MY toothbrush."
"no... blue, thats MY toothbrush."
"Yeah, blue, thats My toothbrush."

We both run to the bathroom.

A red toothbrush sits alone in the holder.

"See, red, thats YOUR toothbrush." says Jason...logically, since I do love red.
"NO, YOU USE THAT RED ONE!" now i'm panicking.

Jason starts laughing, I just keep looking at him in horror. Apparently we've been using the same toothbrush. I start racking my brain trying to figure out when this mistake happened... but it could have been weeks!

Jason just keeps laughing, I keep looking on in horror and denial, and he goes to get a new toothbrush out of our Costco pack of toothbrushes.

This is also when my throat starts to hurt as I think about the germs.

For the rest of the weekend we kept reciting to each other our new toothbrush colors. He was green, I was yellow.

The End.

7 comments:

  1. so funny, only because it didn't happen to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL... you are so funny. **sigh of relief** I thought you were going to say something about meds...

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol....You are just like your mom :) you guys kiss!...you guys get each others germs all the time! Your funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed your story and laughed out loud :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You guys crack me up! I suppose if that's the worst nightmare that ever comes true for you then you're doing pretty well :) I remember when we first got married I wouldn't even share the tube of toothpaste with Ivan. He convinced me that was silly, but I still haven't gone far enough to use the same toothbrush (and yes, we do kiss - but that's totally different!!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great discriptive powers you have, Dana, I could picture your faces the whole time :)

    Elizabeth H.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't care how much you love or kiss someone, sharing a toothbrush is disgusting. I would've been equally horrified.

    ReplyDelete