Saturday, November 21, 2009

Saturday Stuff

Is it still Saturday? Well, at the time that i start writing this blog entry, it is! We'll see what time it is when I'm done.

Its amazing how a 'free' weekend, with no plans, can somehow make itself packed. It started with my sleeping in (sigh, i love my husband :o), probably helps that football is on early in the morning!), then I rushed to Beverly's for their 'beat the clock' sale that ended at noon. From there I got a call from a friend and went to meet her for lunch and a soccer game! That was pretty awesome. It was so good to catch up with her, since I hadn't seen her in forever. Also, the soccer game was a ton of fun. I'd love to see the next one in the championship!

When I got home, Darb had just gone down for a nap and Jason needed to leave to go to a concert. I was able to get a couple things done and get ready to go out, again! I really wanted to go to target! Unfortunately, Target left me empty handed... well not quite, I did get myself a milk chocolate 'whack-an-orange'. YUM. First of the season! But the 2 things I did go for, were not there :o(

But I've washed my fabrics from Beverly's and have been ironing them and catching up on my DVR shows. I'm VERY excited to have finally figured out what I want to do for my Christmas craft gift. I have almost all the supplies and have started on trying to make the pattern for it... I might need to rearrange my ideas a little as my patterns aren't panning out the way I'd like them to.

I DID buy some Amy Butler fabrics today... they are SO gorgeous! My only problem is that they are TOO pretty! I don't know what I want to do with them because I'm too scared to cut into them. I got the very last of both fabrics, just taking what was left on the roll... about 1 yard of each. I probably should have an exact project in mind when I buy fabric... instead of the other way around. Sometimes I really wish I was a better seamstress and designer... but I guess thats why i need to practice!

It's been a nice day, to just spend doing whatever I wanted to do. Yesterday was a very stressful day! We're still working on getting Darby's therapy worked out. I heard news about it maybe working out late on thursday night... so I had high hopes on friday... then friday I had an argument with our doctor and it just dashed my hopes. I'm trying not to be scared as I just feel so helpless in this situation. God is going to take care of all of it and we are going to be amazed when He shows us what He was doing.

With that being said, we still ask for your prayers... and now I'm even asking for recommendations on pediatricians! :0/ Since we'll be changing probably asap.

I better go, its getting late... 12:36 am.

No comments:

Post a Comment