Monday, November 30, 2009

Magazines

I love magazines. Do I ever have the time to read them? Not really. I usually know that I need to read one of my magazines when the next month's comes in the mail. I like magazines because they can be a short time commitment in my hectic life. I can just pick it up at 9pm and be done by 10pm... and feel like I had some relaxing moments therein.

Recently, I secured some really great deals on a couple, and I thought I'd share.

Real Simple - ALL time favorite magazine. I look forward to it every month. I'd have to say my favorite section is the "new uses for old things" section. Who knew that slices of a wine cork could cushion hard slamming cupboards? Well, last time I had a subscription for this magazine, it was decently expensive... like maybe $40 for two years? I have been hounded by them for the last 2 months regarding my pending end of the subscription and just haven't been able to come to grips with the prices they were offering. I was holding out for a better deal... that was until I got my thrifty and chic mom email alert. Magazines were being sold on amazon for $5 a subscription... so i checked it out. Sure enough, one year to Real Simple was $5. I thought... good price. I'll take that.

Food - or maybe its actually called Everyday Food... either way, its that little Martha Stewart Food magazine that you sometimes see at the checkout desk. I originally got this magazine as soon as I had my own apartment and was cooking on my own... 3-4 years ago. It was a steal as it was FREE with my purchase of hefty bags. I couldn't resist that, and fell in love the magazine every month. My one year free trial finally ended, and I just forgot to look into ordering another year... maybe I held out too long for a good price ;oP Either way, it disappeared and I have missed it. THEN... I discovered My Coke Rewards. If you drink coke, and don't know about this... immediately google it. I love it. Many of you probably know about my very unhealthy obsession with Diet Coke, and know how much of it I go through. I kept seeing the points blurb and ignoring it... I finally logged in one day and deposited my code to redeem some points. What a great decision! I only 2 months I had enough points for another free one year subscription to Food. I redeemed it, and got my first issue this month :o)

Yay for awesome deals :o)

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you on the love of magazines. I like to keep a current stack in the bathroom to keep me entertained.

    ReplyDelete