Darby loves music. Always has. When he was just a wee little thing, he would lay in his 'entertainment center' thing... you know, the blanket with things that dangle overhead? yeah, that one. The toy in the center was a sun that played music and flashed lights. He LOVED it. WE loved that it was motion activated, so we could just hit the bar and it would play. We're lazy like that.
Then he got into the fussy stage and had to drive around in the car. A whole lot. We would play music all the time, our favorite music. He didn't seem to care what we played. We soon realized that if we put on BBC Radio 1 (sort of a dance mix station), the music would pulsate just enough that it felt like we were moving in the car even though we were stopped at a light or in a parking lot.
I dont know about you, but i love to sing in the car. I sing all the time. I sing more than I don't. Darby, poooor darby, gets to hear it all.
All this to say, Darby now has favorite music. How do we know its his favorite, do you ask? Well, physically its quite apparent. He gets super excited when certain songs come on. He kicks his legs and shakes his arms, all the while his face is beaming. I've even started playing music at home on my ipad, while cooking, cleaning, or sewing. It pumps me up to do stuff I dont really want to do... like cleaning and cooking... and when darby hears it come on, he crawls right over to it and just fixates on it. Sometimes he dances, which basically looks like him sitting on the floor swaying back and forth. Sometimes he just seems to go into a coma, which is kind of weird.
Okay, well all that to say, here is the current running list of Darby's favorite music. And please remember to not judge me and my music choices ;o)
Darby's Current Favorite Playlist
-Cascada "evacuate the dance floor" (one of his top 2 favorite songs)
-Glee's Version of "Forget You" (his other top 2 favorite songs)
-Sara Bareilles Cds... both, but mainly her new one Kaleidoscope
-Black Eyed Peas. No joke. He loves both CDs, 'The End' and 'The Beginning'
-Glee's collection called "showstoppers"
-Glee versions of Madonnas "Borderline"
Maybe I should make him a CD to listen to during therapy... its works for me, maybe it will work for him too :o)
Wednesday, January 19, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment