Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Hello January

i know, its been a long time. The idea of writing a whole entry for a blog somehow overwhelms me and i avoid it. But i decided to stop hiding and just write updates on our lives :o)

We are staying busy. Extremely busy. By we, I mean darby and me :0) jason, of course, it very busy at work, but thats just a given.

Darby apparently grew overnight and now none of his pants fit! He was in an awkward stage between 18 month old and 24 month old clothes... but he just popped out the other side and is definitely ready for 24 months. I didn't realize we only have sweatpants in that size... so he is wearing some khaki high waters today. I might stop by the resale store nearby to check out the selection on pants. I have never been there, but hear its pretty fun. Why not try it out? Usually I stock up on clothes that are on such good clearance, and hand me downs, but 24 months just sneaked up on us. I blame the holidays.

I have a new addiction that is horrible for me. Books. I can't get enough. I just want to read all the time. I use the kindle app on my ipad and get lost for hours in a book. From Thanksgiving until now I think i've read.... at least 11 books, probably more that I cant remember. The nice thing is that most of them have been 'free' kindle books. Thats where they get you... they give you a free book, usually the first in a series, and now your addicted and want the rest. I've found some great authors and some not so great ones. i LOVE finding a book that i've been pining for, for weeks!, end up being free. There is an author, Irene Hannon, who is apparently just as good as Dee Henderson, and I've been looking at her books for ages. One day i found her first one in a series on the free list! I was ecstatic! (<-----its that one over there)
The downfall to all the reading is that I'm lame at everything else. Sewing has fallen behind, sometimes even sleep. But I'm trying to gain control again. I get several hours during the week to read, during darby's therapy, and I'm trying to contain the reading for only then. Its hard when a book gets realllllly good and I dont want to put it down... thats usually when i stay up all night finishing it. I just started this one...  The Sherlockian. It was on the bestsellers of 2010 list, and you might also know that i LOvE sherlock holmes, so it seemed like a win win for me. I'm only 1 chapter in, and i already love it. My amazon wish list is full of ebooks that i'm saving for when i get amazon giftcards :0)

On another note, we have finally started horseback riding therapy! We visited the center a couple weeks ago, and as the Lord would have it, the child who would usually be riding the pony at that hour didn't show, so they asked if Darby would like to go for a ride! It was fantastic. He absolutely loves it. He is at the top of the waiting list for a permanent spot, but for now he has been accepted as a floater. We call on Tuesday or Wednesday to see what their cancellation spots look like, and pick one. In fact, we got one today! Woohoo! He did 2 sessions, close in the week to each other, and it was like a night in day difference in darby that week. His attitude, behaviors, and his physical work just excelled. Christi, darby's pt, said that would happen. She's seen so many kids start to change, for the better, after just one session. we're thrilled! I'm going to start campaigning more for sponsors to sponsor his riding time in a later post. But for now, I just wanted to let you know he's doing very well!

I just got a wedding order this week for clutches... my first of this year! Its for 10! 10 clutches! :) makes me happy. She picked a different fabric for each one, from my stash, and I'll be making doubles/triples so I can add them to the shop as well. I'm excited because she picked fabrics I wouldn't have, and so it will give some good variety. I apologize for the lack of new stuff in my shop lately... blame the books and the holidays.

I better go. Sewing is calling my name. So is a new diet coke on ice. Possibly even a piece of sewing chocolate. Here are a couple pics of us lately... i'll be back to later to elaborate on them... possibly. ha!

snow! what in the world!?

darby's first ride!

at the zoo over thanksgiving...

he got to touch a goat at the petting zoo!

just another view of the snow... there was even more after this picture was taken.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back to the blogging world! I've missed you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SNOW?! What?! Wow- good update! That is SO EXCITING about the horse therapy. Keep us updated on how that goes. I totally know what you mean about reading. If I start a good book I just have to finish it and then nothing else gets done. Congrats on the wedding order. What a great angle.

    ReplyDelete