Friday, January 14, 2011

a good long walk!

I'm kind of going thru this love affair with babushka dolls right now, so bear with me. the last blog background was driving me nuts. i needed a change :0) and YES Ryan Dapremont, I changed my background... again.

So I wanted to tell you all just HOW GOOD darby did today at PT. Darby walked 5 times farther than he ever has with his walker! He usually walked the length of the mat before he was irritated, tired, or just plain done with this mumbojumbo. But today he just kept walking, and walking, and walking.... He walked the length of the mat, uturned and walked back down the mat, around the corner, to the kitchen, past the group rooms, around another corner, and stopped at the stairs! I know this doesn't make a whole lot of sense to any of you, and I promise to get the video posted soon. I took it on my phone, and i'm not entirely sure how to move it over. I think I need to send it to youtube first, etc, but I will get it over here. you might be able to see it on facebook, because that was the easiest thing to transfer it to first.

Darbs is now exhausted and can't wait for his nap! I'd love to join him, but my living room looks like a bomb went off, and last nights failed dinner needs to be cleaned up. I had to get blood drawn to check out my normals levels of everything, and so i had to fast last night.... that meant that ALL food looked delicious. I just went to bed early rather than suffer... but its amazing how I dont feel refreshed from that extra hour or two :0(

Enough of my complaining... i'll hopefully be back with a video soon!

1 comment: